||IT SECA 1
Reporting to – IT Manager
We are seeking an IT Professional to work in a small and busy IT team. We require a person with a broad IT knowledgebase but with a heavily biased security skillset. The company holds the ISO 270001 accreditation and Cyber Essentials Plus certification and so needs to maintain a high standard of information security. It will be your main responsibility to make sure we always meet these standards as well as provide General IT support.
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls.
- Protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Maintain and monitor data integrity and security access.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause.
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures.
- Security awareness training.
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors and other security specialist within the Spectris community.
- Ensure all machines are patched with the latest security patches and Anti-Virus updates.
- General IT 2nd-line and 3rd-line support, responding to user requests raised on the help desk.
- Some out-of-hours work will be required.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times.
- (Preferably certified to SSCP, CompTIA Security+ , CISSP or equivalent but training will be given to the right candidate)
- Experience of keeping data secure with firewalls, Anti-virus software, and folder level security and encryption technologies. Experience, in particular, with Sonicwall firewalls, Sophos anti-virus and EGO Secure software would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with using certificates (public and private keys) for data security and encrypted data transmission.
- Experience of working to ISO 27001 standards.
- Experience of working in a VMWare environment.
- Experience of working in an IT support role, supporting Microsoft Windows desktops and servers.
- Understand the requirements for Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
- A good understanding of 2 factor authentication and experience of implementing.
- Good working knowledge of networking including LAN/WAN/DNS/DHCP/TCPIP/VLAN
- Proven support experience of windows desktop operating systems, in particular Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Good understanding of Windows Server operating systems, in particular 2008R2 and Server 2012R2 onwards
- Patching solutions. Knowledge of WSUS would be a basic must have.
- Understanding and proven support experience of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Ability to prioritise work and complete tasks to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sonicwall Firewalls. (desirable but not essential)
- Extreme Switches (desirable but not essential)
- Ego Secure ((desirable but not essential))
- ManageEngine software such as ServiceDesk and Patch Manager Plus (desirable but not essential)
- Sophos Enterprise console (desirable but not essential)
- 8 Man, used for managing AD. (desirable but not essential)
- Microsoft Exchange 2016. (desirable but not essential)
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
To apply please email your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here