||IT TLSE 1
Reporting to – IT Manager
Perform 1st-3rd level IT support, in particular supporting all the Test Labs networks and associated systems. A background of IT Support in an Engineering, Test Lab or R&D environment is essential.
- Monitoring and maintaining the networks and systems
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals such as software developers
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times.
- Basic Network qualifications from Extreme, Cisco or other leading vendor or an equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- Windows Server based qualifications from Microsoft or an equivalent level of hands-on experience
- Good understand network concepts including switching and routing and must be confident in managing a reasonably complex network with several hundred active devices.
- Good understanding of Windows Server operating systems, in particular 2008R2 and Server 2012R2.
- Proven support experience of windows desktop operating systems, in particular Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Support knowledge of SANs. Experience with Nimble storage would be desirable but not essential.
- Data security awareness (ISO27001)
- Configuration of Firewalls and switches (Experience of Dell SonicWALL hardware and Extreme switches would be desirable but not essential).
- Microsoft Exchange 2016. (desirable but not essential)
- Powershell scripting (desirable but not essential)
- MSSQL server Administration (desirable but not essential)
- Sophos Endpoint Protection(desirable but not essential)
- Experience of Vehicle testing software such as that produced by AVL and Horiba would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to prioritise work and complete tasks to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well as part of a small team or independently
- Quick learner
- Wide knowledge of IT systems
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a DBS Disclosure check
To apply please email your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here