As Senior Manager – Interior, you will be primarily responsible for the Interiors Group key objectives and targets, including the delivery of the planned P&L, projected sales growth, and the investment plan.
You will maintain cost effective operations, with a high focus on employee safety, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and operational excellence (through application of industry lean tools and management best practice).
- Health, Safety, Environment & Security:
- Overall responsibility for Health, Safety, Environment & Security within the respective Group.
- Develop a proactive culture of prevention.
- Ensure appropriate PPE is being used at all times in designated areas.
- Ensure H&S procedures & processes are appropriate and being applied.
- Ensure appropriate security measures are in place and being used in the labs.
- Reduce risks to the organisation by maintaining the highest standards in health, safety, environment & security.
- Customer service:
- Overall responsibility for ensuring delivery of the highest levels of customer experience, satisfaction and excellence.
- Ensure delivery of customer tests on time to contracted requirements.
- Build relationships with current and future customers contributing towards business development.
- Report monthly for quality of service within the group.
- Drive process improvements to improve overall efficiency.
- Technical excellence:
- Support the Chief Engineer in driving technical excellence within the group.
- Support the organisations goal of becoming the lab of choice for the industry.
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with relevant standards and accreditations.
- Use KPIs to drive improvements in group performance.
- Ensure effective and timely completion of improvement actions.
- Warrant compliance with ISO9001, 14001, 23201, 27001.
- Human resource:
- Create and lead a high performing team.
- Recruit Managers in conjunction with HR.
- Identify development needs and create appropriate training plans.
- Develop Managers to ensure consistent high quality of service.
- Develop Group structure to support current and future needs.
- Identify high potentials and high performers through succession planning.
- Complete performance reviews and set SMART objectives.
- Take action to address performance, absence, timekeeping, capability, behaviours and monitor holidays, time cards, overtime etc.
- Contribute to Millbrook becoming an employer of choice.
- Financial performance:
- Deliver customers tests to contracted requirements to budget.
- Prepare the budget for the Group.
- Deliver EBITDA and revenue in line with agreed budget and objectives.
- Maximise EBITDA from existing assets.
- Drive cost reduction and business improvement actions.
- Drive business growth.
- Manage budget, costs, finance forecast and reporting.
- Work with the Commercial Team to drive business growth.
- Validate purchase orders of items to support work and improvement actions up to an agreed level and approve invoices in line with department budget.
- Liaise with support departments including Facilities, HR, Finance, Purchasing, Health, Safety, Environment & Security on all departmental related matters.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook employees at all times.
- Lead by example.
- Qualified to bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in an automotive or mechanical discipline.
- You should be a Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification an advantage.
- Significant Operations management experience in a large testing, or manufacturing organisation is essential. (Preferably automotive, interior components).
- Experience of DV and PV testing of interior components for a Tier 1, Vehicle Manufacturer, or independent test provider is essential.
- Delivery of multiple and complex capital investment programs is essential.
- Proven record in achieving financial objectives is essential.
- Experience of working with highly technical test equipment is essential.
- Experience with working to European Regulation, OEM standards, UKAS17025.
- Evidence of ability to drive continuous improvement of lab efficiency and quality is essential
- Evidence of ability to improve the performance of people is essential.
- Experience in lean manufacturing methodologies is required.
- A result driven, hard-working and experienced manager.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers, winning and maintaining their respect and trust.
- A solid understanding of environmental testing techniques and equipment including environmental chambers, electro-magnetic shakers and materials testing is essential.
- Efficient and effective reporting and communication skills with all staff are seen as essential for the role.
- Highly organized, able to manage priorities in an efficient manner.
- Fully proficient with office tools and software.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Team building and team motivation.
- Efficiency and quality improvement through appropriate use of lean techniques.
- A strong leader who will bring their team with them to perform at the highest levels.
- Takes total responsibility for achieving the group’s objectives.
- Charismatic, outgoing, a people person, a persuader, not a shouter.
- Someone who can bring people together to work towards a common goal.
- A mentor who will be able to develop people in their group.
- Flexibility to travel as and when required, although expected to be infrequent.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check.
To apply please email your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here