System Support and Maintenance
At a glance
Millbrook’s highly experienced on-site test system support team provides around-the-clock support for customers across the globe. It ensures rapid response to service requests which include troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, inspections and repairs.
Millbrook’s test system support team delivers exemplary fabrication and engineering support services.
The engineers stay abreast of the fast-paced technological developments in the testing industry as well as changes and trends in the industries that Millbrook serves. Operating as an extension to customer project teams, they are fully engaged, beginning with the design and requirements phase, all the way through installation and training.
The following outlines the available support services within the specialties of mechanical, electrical, and controls engineering.
- Shaft design and fabrication
- Coupling design and fabrication
- Fixturing design and fabrication
- Guarding design and fabrication
- Structural analysis (new and existing systems)
- Custom spindle and drive train design
- Custom design and fabrication
- Facility layouts
Electrical and Controls Engineering
- Electrical system design and build
- Component sizing and specification
- Motor and power conversion system design
- Full system functional checks
- Control and data acquisition design
- Remote controls support
- Test cell automation training
Millbrook’s service technicians and engineers are specialists in dynamometer test equipment maintenance, servicing, and diagnostics, all performed onsite to ensure optimal system performance.
Their experience and knowledge with dynamometer systems and control packages enables them to service Millbrook's and other systems, including current and older models. Dependable preventive maintenance can keep systems running efficiently and head off costly downtime and repairs.
System maintenance programs include:
- Electrical inspections and repairs (including dynamometers and enclosures)
- Mechanical inspections and repairs (including bearings, couplings, blowers, pumps and trunnions)
- Auxiliary component inspections and repairs
- Calibration (including torque, speed, pressure and temperature)
- Vibration trending
- Report generation
- Oil analysis
- System refurbishments
- Equipment relocation
When a customer submits a service request, technicians and engineering specialists can apply cross-over systems and components expertise to manage and solve numerous issues promptly. Whether it is systems analysis, repairs, or troubleshooting, all customers receive a rapid response and efficient, targeted corrective actions.