Automotive Technician – Central Operations
Job Reference: CO TEC 1
Shift Pattern: Days
Location: UTAC Millbrook, Bedford
UTAC is a market-leading group in vehicle testing, type approval and emerging technologies for autonomous, connected and electric vehicles. We provide services and systems to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical and defence industries.
We deliver regulation and homologation support, specialist vehicle conversions and test systems as well as training, consulting, audit and certification, technical inspection, standardisation and events.
We operate 8 test centres across France, the UK, the USA and Northern Finland, with a 9th due to open in Morocco in early 2022. We have subsidiaries in Russia, China, Japan and Germany and employ 1280 people globally.
Reporting to – Supervisor - Central Operations
Automotive technician required to work on a variety of vehicles to a high standard. Preparing prototype vehicles to collect various data throughout a full range of tests. Role is based in the main UTAC workshop and day-to-day tasks will also include carrying out repairs, fault finding, servicing, vehicle inspections and diagnostic checks.
Technicians are also required to remove all types of vehicle components to strip inspect and report findings via written or verbal communication.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Light vehicle repairs and general servicing
- LGV, Bus/Coach repairs and general servicing
- Vehicle fault finding
- Carry out start and end of test preparation on various test vehicles to test specification.
- Diagnostic checks using various equipment
- Conduct test vehicle measurements
- Complete worktickets with detailed written report on work actioned
- Liaise with supporting staff, engineers, supervisor and customers on a technical level
- Undertake analysis of results, including statements of conformity or opinions and interpretations
- To report, review and provide authorisation of results
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for UTAC staff at all times
- Formal automotive / engineering qualifications
- Completed full automotive apprenticeship (preferred)
- Excellent Automotive back ground and knowledge
- General IT skills (mainly MS Word and Excel)
- Some motorcycle experience (not essential)
- Basic fabrication and metal work skill (not essential)
- LGV / PSV driving licence (not essential)
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- At least 7 years full time experience working as automotive technician
- Experience with EV and Hybrid vehicles
- Vehicle inspection experience on a wide range of vehicles
- Low voltage electrical experience.
- Working within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Health and Safety awareness
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated team player
- Customer focused
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime when required
- Own hand tools required
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence & own transport (Millbrook is not easily accessible via public transport)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
- NOTE: This position be will based on site
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com