Battery Test Engineer – Battery Test Department
UTAC provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for components and full vehicles. These include varied indoor and outdoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, crash laboratories and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
UTAC’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
Reporting to – Principal Battery Test Engineer – Battery Test Department
Battery department is responsible for providing Battery/Module/Cell testing services, including performance, life cycle, durability, abuse, strip & rate.
Role is to design and deliver all types of Battery testing (incl Performance, life cycle, durability and abuse) along with supporting all associated strip and rate activity.
Role & Responsibilities
- This is an opportunity to develop your experience and skills in a world class battery testing environment with the support of an experienced and highly competent team
- The role will provide Engineering support for UTAC HV Battery Testing technology and operational activities
- Opportunity to develop skills in defining Battery tests based on Customer requirements/specification (Performance, life cycle, durability and Abuse)
- Provides an environment to practice and develop problem solving and issue diagnostic skills
- Working closely with customer
- Continuous Improvement applied to all activities to ensure ever improving facilities, processes and test methods
- Developing Risk Assessments for all activities
- Developing a safe working environment at all times
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Degree or equivalent in technical/electrical disciplines
Experience (Specific experience essential/ desirable/ preferred/ beneficial)
- Previous relevant industry work experience (beneficial)
- Previous Graduate/Undergraduate placement experience (beneficial)
- An interest and passion in progressing your career within Electrical Powertrain (incl HV battery testing methodology), automation systems and data analysis (essential)
Skills (Specific skills essential to the role)
- Some exposure to automation or software controlled applications (beneficial)
- Ability to utilize HV diagnostic tools such as multi meters, oscilloscopes and clamp meters with best safety practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of H&S practices
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated team player
- Customer focussed
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence & own transport (UTAC is not easily assessable via public transport)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
- NOTE: This position be will based on site
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org