Battery Test Technician – Battery Test Department (BT TECH 7)
UTAC provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for components and full vehicles. These include varied indoor and outdoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, crash laboratories and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
UTAC’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
Reporting to – Battery Technician Supervisor – Battery Test Department
Battery department is responsible for providing Battery/Module/Cell testing services, including performance, life cycle, durability, abuse, strip & rate.
Role is to support all types of Battery testing (incl Performance, life cycle, durability and abuse) along with all associated strip and rate activity.
Role & Responsibilities
- This is an opportunity to develop your experience and skills in a world class battery testing environment with the support of an experienced and highly competent team
- The role will provide support for UTAC HV Battery testing operational activities and procedures
- Provides an environment to practice and develop problem solving and issue diagnostic skills
- Continuous Improvement applied to all activities to ensure ever improving facilities, processes and test methods
- Support facility maintenance and calibration activities
- Support test method development (electrical and mechanical)
- Developing a safe working environment at all times, following risk assessments
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- HND or equivalent in technical/electrical disciplines
Experience (Specific experience essential/ desirable/ preferred/ beneficial)
- Previous relevant automotive industry work experience (beneficial)
- Previous experience in a HV Battery or EV environment (desirable)
- An interest and passion in progressing your career within Electrical Powertrain (incl HV battery testing methodology) (essential)
Skills (Specific skills essential to the role)
- Mechanical and Electrical fabrication skills (beneficial)
- Ability to utilize HV diagnostic tools such as multi meters using best safety practices
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of H&S practices
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated team player
- Customer focussed
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Rolling week shifts pattern (4 days on/4 days off, 12 hours per day)
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence & own transport (UTAC is not easily assessable via public transport)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
- NOTE: This position be will based on site
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com