This position is no longer available. For other job opportunities at Millbrook, please visit the vacancies page.
Reporting to – Senior Engineer – Propulsion Vehicle Test
- Engineering vehicle emissions testing projects for a wide variety of customers.
- Performing a variety of tests predominantly on chassis dynamometers driving to various cycles.
- Working with other engineers to design test and timing plans.
- To liaise with the client to ensure the project is delivered to their expectations.
- Liaise with Propulsion technicians to ensure they know what they are doing and why to allow them to perform the testing.
- Collating test results from various logging equipment and validating for approval.
- To be conversant with the appropriate testing Regulations and look for improvements and manage change appropriately.
- Developing improved systems of work and data handling and manipulation.
- Working to Millbrook high quality standards and health & safety procedures.
- Working 40hr week with possibility of overtime and flexible hours.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Automotive Engineering Degree
- A good understanding of vehicle Propulsions
- Experience in Propulsion vehicle testing and development
- Relevant experience of vehicle emissions and fuel economy testing on chassis dynamometer
- Relevant experience of testing vehicles for impacts on emissions and fuel economy
- Experience of emissions Regulations
- Experience of chassis dynamometer emissions and fuel economy testing
- Good project management
- Good problem solving ability
- Analysing and compiling technical data
- Knowledge of engine, exhaust after-treatment and emissions
- Liaising with customers and building relationships
- The ability to work from and create procedures
- Knowledge of office based programmes. Any CAN, data logging, ETAS INCA experience is beneficial
- Good communicator
- Flexible approach to work
- Adheres to all health and safety requirements
- Customer focused
- Detail and quality focused
- Comfortable working in teams and individually
- Be conscientious, reliable and punctual
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check