||EV EM 1
We are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and capable Event Manager to join our team at Millbrook, working with our clients and helping to deliver events in our unique venues. The role will primarily comprise of planning & executing events, as well as an account management function for some of our most prestigious, regular clients. The successful applicant will also be responsible for overseeing the recruitment, development and training of more junior staff, including our undergraduates on an industrial placement.
Millbrook is the home to five primary venues, all of which are unique and purpose built for the delivery of Events. We are set within a 700 acre site with over 40 miles of specialist driving tracks, situated just South of Milton Keynes, minutes from the M1 Junction 13. Whilst the primary business of Millbrook is vehicle prototype test and development, Millbrook Venues has been delivering events here since 1997.
These consist primarily of automotive events that leverage the use of Millbrook’s tracks, however virtually every type of event conceivable including product launches, training events, exhibitions, activity days, ride and drive events for motor manufacturers and conferences has taken place at Millbrook over the years. This eclectic mix of events is what makes Millbrook such an interesting place to work.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- On site at our venue, you will manage all Venue responsibilities and track activities to ensure the success of our client events, from the initial stages through to the conclusion of the event
- Assisting the Sales Team with briefs from existing and potential clients, including attending sales appointments and venue show rounds
- Working with our clients to develop all relevant aspects of the event logistics
- Respond in a timely manner to all client queries and supply technical and local information as required
- Supplier negotiations followed up by written confirmations and the raising of purchase orders
- Responsibility to brief and manage all staff and suppliers working on the event
- Management of adherence by clients, staff and suppliers to specified conditions and Health & Safety practices
- Cost control on your events and invoicing within agreed deadlines
- Establish and manage the event files completing all relevant filing, both online and physical files
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary to ensure all relevant parties are notified of anything that affects them
- Responsible for overseeing recruitment and training of our Event Undergraduates.
- Account Manager for the Aston Martin account, responsibilities include liaising with the client to book in a variety of events, contracting the events and being a point of contact for the team running the events
We are seeking a very capable individual for this position who needs to be passionate about the Events industry. A flexible approach to your work is essential as the nature of the job often demands long and unsociable hours, including some weekend work. Ensuring a high level of service to each of our customers.
The Event Manager would report to the Events Operations Manager and the ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Event Management degree – 2:1 or higher is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organisational flair and effective time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task
- Candidates must have a common sense approach to problem solving together with a good level of administration skills, meticulous attention to detail and a high regard for customer service
- Be passionate and enthusiastic with a proactive and assertive attitude coupled with the ability to be a team player
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Be able to provide committed and efficient support to clients and the team
- Computer literate with accurate typing and an eye for detail
- Be self-motivated, flexible and energetic in your approach
- Be honest, punctual and creative
- Experience of Automotive events is desirable
- Full UK driving license
- Flexibility to work unsociable and additional hours to meet customer requirements. This will be illustrated in peak workloads and will be paid as overtime
- Willing to undergo a DBS disclosure check
To apply please email your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.