This position is no longer available. For other job opportunities at Millbrook, please visit the vacancies page.
As part of our continuing commitment to the development of staff within our industry, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and capable Event Management graduate to join our team at Millbrook, working with our clients and helping to deliver events in our unique venues. The role will primarily comprise of planning & executing events, as well as assisting with inbound inquiries and working with potential & existing clients to maximise occupancy of the venues.
This position offers an excellent entry-level opportunity for exposure to all elements of live event delivery, as well as an in depth understanding of the client / agency / venue relationship that is vital for future success in this industry.
- On site at our venue, you will manage all Venue responsibilities to ensure the success of our client events from the initial stages through to the conclusion of the event
- Assisting the sales team with briefs from existing and potential clients, including attending sales appointments and venue show rounds.
- Working with our clients to develop all relevant aspects of the event logistics
- Respond to all client queries and supply technical and local information as required
- Supplier negotiations followed up by written confirmations and the raising of purchase requests
- Responsibility to brief and manage all staff and suppliers working on the event
- Management of adherence by clients, staff and suppliers to specified conditions and Health and Safety practices
- Cost control on your events and Invoicing within agreed deadlines
- Establish and manage the event files completing all relevant filing
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary to ensure all relevant parties are notified of anything that affects them
We are seeking a very capable individual to fill this position, who will see this as a logical first step on a career path within the events industry. He or she will need to be passionate about our industry and flexible in their approach to work as the nature of the job often demands long and unsociable hours, including some weekend work. A “Jack of All Trades” mentality will ensure our high service delivery levels and inbuilt ethos of ‘we can solve anything’ is sustained.
The Event Manager would report to the Events Operations Manager and the ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Event Management degree – 2:1 or higher expected
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organisational flair and effective time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task
- Candidates must have a common sense approach to problem solving together with a good level of administration skills, meticulous attention to detail and a high regard for customer service
- Be passionate and enthusiastic with a proactive and assertive attitude coupled with the ability to be a team player
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Be able to provide committed and efficient support to clients and the team
- Computer literate with accurate typing and an eye for detail
- Be self-motivated, flexible and energetic in your approach
- Be honest, punctual and creative
Working Environment: Office