||HR SBP 1
The HRBP is dedicated to the internal customer and works with the business to develop and implement better people management practices. The HRBP shares the responsibility for the goals and target delivery.
The HRBP will have broad experience in various areas of expertise including, recruitment, performance and talent management, disciplinaries, grievances, redundancies and absence management.
The HRBP must be able to build valuable relationships with internal clients, transferring requests and solutions to/from the business unit.
You will lead a positive approach to all associated HR activities keeping employee engagement and retention at the forefront of all activities. You will be responsible for maintaining our ambitious culture and positive employee relations. Working with your team to further implement and develop employee incentives to drive success. You will bridge the gap between Management and Leadership teams to drive change and add value to the business culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as point of contact for employees and managers in the business unit
- Proactively support the delivery of HR processes
- Manage complex and difficult HR projects
- Build strong business relationships with the internal customer
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Recruit key talent
- Act as the performance improvement driver
- Design succession plans for key talent and key job positions
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- HR Degree or equivalent
- Full CIPD
- Demonstrable experience working within a generalist role
- Experience in Managing projects
- Experience in analysis and reporting
- Managing and manipulating data
- Change management
- Employment Law
- Proficiency in disciplinary investigation
- TUPE knowledge (preferred)
- Managing absence (preferred)
- Strong generalist background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management and change management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong time management
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Employment law knowledge
- Good leadership/coaching skills
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality and trust
- A confident communicator with excellent negotiation skills
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to undergo a Basic Disclosure (CRB) check
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com.