This position is no longer available. For other job opportunities at Millbrook, please visit the vacancies page.
Reporting to the Director of Business Improvement
As a core member of the newly formed Business Improvement team, this person will work closely with operational leaders to drive OpEx program deployment within each business unit of Millbrook in the UK. The candidate should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Work closely with the management teams to better understand how OpEx can assist their business units in their continuous improvement journey, and help them deploy it
- Improves business, engineering and manufacturing processes efficiency
- Improves leadership skills and behaviours
- Analyses current work practices to identify areas for improvement
- Measures and analyses waste, non-quality or inefficiencies
- Process mapping, value stream mapping, identifying inefficiencies in productivity with a particular focus on layouts and sequencing
- Reports on gains achieved and progress towards targets
- Acts as point of reference and subject matter expert for Lean and Quality
- Support the business in establishing “best practice”
- Manage weekly and monthly reviews and reports
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Trains others in Lean Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques
- Promotes the use and successes of Lean tools and techniques across the business
- 30% travel – UK based
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have 5 years+ direct line management experience (operational teams)
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving skills. Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology
- Successful similar field implementation in any industries
- Proven experience working in a shop-floor or workshop environment
- Understanding of engineering and or manufacturing processes and production costs
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Managing Stakeholders
- High level of professional credibility.
- Strong networking skills, with proven experience of influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders.
- Significant experience of developing and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge (with Lean or Six-sigma certification)
- Knowledge of ISO9000 and of TS16949
- Understanding of ISO14001 and Health and Safety practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good visual and verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency in all standard office tools
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritise own activities, work unsupervised or on own initiative
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Support and ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Able to communicate at all levels, amicable and easy to engage
- Very practical in his approach to solve problem
- Applies experience and logic, Analytical, able to articulate a concept or idea
- This is not a desk job, but a role leading staff from the shop floor
- Has a collaborative approach to working with others with a positive effect on the mood
- Willing to push the role further
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check