This position is no longer available. For other job opportunities at Millbrook, please visit the vacancies page.
Reporting to – Propulsion Facilities Manager
This is a key role in Propulsion Facilities team. The successful candidate will provide engineering support for the emission measurement systems and chassis dynos.
- Provide all technical support for Millbrook Engineering team preparing the facilities in Propulsion department to perform tests activities according to customer requirements
- Provide engineering support for chassis dynamometers and associated emission systems and climatic chamber
- Enhance facility availability in order to increase operational efficiency and maximize running time
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance: corrective and preventive
- Assure all instruments are calibrated and generating reliable data
- Standardise and integrate the facility test equipment
- Develop test schedule in automation systems
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Engineering Degree
- (MSc in the automotive field would be an advantage)
- Must have experience with emission measurement devices such as emission analyzers, gravimetric particle measurement, particle counter and/or FTIR, preferably in the automotive field
- Familiar with chassis dynamometers
- Instrumentation experience (thermocouples, pressure transducers, voltage, and electric current)
- Automotive background preferably in an engine testing or chassis dynamometer environment
- Solid knowledge of emissions measurement systems and data recording devices
- Understanding of constant volume sampler systems (CVS)
- Expertise in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Good general IT skills especially MS Excel and computer network
- Familiarity with AVL iGEM is highly desirable
- Knowledge of AVL Concerto software is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive in finding solutions
- Good understanding of H&S practices
- Analytical thinking
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check.
Working Environment: Office/ Lab
Travel Required: Travel as required within the UK and mainland Europe