This position is no longer available. For other job opportunities at Millbrook, please visit the vacancies page.
Reporting to – Manager - Durability
Responsible for correct execution of vehicle tests and the appropriate test vehicle issue analysis (root cause) with the objective of optimising timing and quality of test programmes as well as constructively supporting the individual Durability disciplines with a problem solving base.
Develop Plans and Schedules
- Schedule work and facility utilization to achieve maximum efficiency (consider timing, budget requirements and priorities)
- Operate to Customer / Department Processes
Prepare & Conduct tests
- Prepare all necessary documentation to conduct the tests in a safe, controlled and repeatable manner
- Supervise the tests in compliance with test procedures, analyse and interpret driver reports and data. Provide instructions to test drivers and technicians
- Supervise checks, repairs and rebuilds on durability test vehicles
- Lead issue Investigations, repairs and rebuilds on test vehicles
- Supervise the procurement of replacement/spare part and shipping of vehicles and parts
- Compile regular reports on progress & status
- Analyse, document and report test results, present data and root cause.
- Compile incident reports
- Ensure tests are completed within defined timeframes
- Validate vehicles against measurable targets as well as conducting subjective vehicle evaluations
- Coordinate (mid-term and EOT) reviews
- Perform validation on vehicle, system and component level
- Key contact with the customer for tests
- Compile Evaluation reports
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Lead and manage test programmes
- Lead and train engineers
- Technical leadership
- Relevant Engineering degree
- Durability testing
- Conducting technical investigations and report writing
- Corrosion or quality testing experience (preferred but not essential)
- EV/ Hybrid vehicles (preferred but not essential)
- Vehicle network systems – CAN, LIN, FlexRay
- Good communications skills both oral and written.
- Sound engineering background
- Good PC skills
- Confident when dealing with customers both face to face and on the phone.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- Customer focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- Pro active
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours
- Flexibility to support validation activities in foreign countries
- Full UK driving licence (Motorcycle or HGV licence advantageous)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
Delegated Management Responsibility
- Identify development needs and create appropriate training plans
- Maintain up to date Engineer skills matrix
- Complete performance reviews and set SMART objectives
- Encourage all Engineers development in line with company objectives
- Monitor holidays, time cards, overtime etc.
- Support local Manager in the scheduling of resources and testing
- Provide information to local Manager to support timely invoicing
- Assist local Manager with the maintenance of forecasting tools as required
Working Environment: Office/Workshop/Lab/Track
Travel Required: Travel as required within the UK and mainland Europe