Cleaning Operative - Site Services
UTAC provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for components and full vehicles. These include varied indoor and outdoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, crash laboratories and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
UTAC’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
Reporting to – Site Services Supervisor – Site Services
The Cleaning Operative primary role is to support on site day to day cleaning to ensure a high level of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the site. The Site Services team supports all hard and soft activities on site ranging from planned and reactive maintenance, site improvements, reception duties, site wide H&S management, site security and control of all goods on and off site. As part of the Site Services team your core responsibilities will be site cleaning, however there will be times when you may be required to cover other roles such as Reception and Goods In (covering vacation etc.)
Role & Responsibilities
- Day to day cleaning and housekeeping duties of the whole site.
- Cover for Reception and Goods In roles as and when required.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for UTAC staff at all times
- Previous experience of operating a fork lift truck desirable
- Previous experience of cleaning in an office and workshop environment essential
- Knowledge of H&S regulations such as Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office applications such as accessing emails and on on-line training packages
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skill
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Working Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:45hrs and Friday 08:00 to 12:00hrs
- Applications for both full time or part time working will be considered
- Occasional weekend or evening working may be required to complete tasks out of normal office hours
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
- This role be will based on site at UTAC Leyland, PR26 7TZ
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Application closing date - close of business 27th September 2021.