CTL Technician – Vehicle Measurement
Reporting to – Laboratory Supervisor
Technicians will provide all the required technical support over three shifts to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing tests in order to produce precise and reliable data.
- Design and manufacture of rigs (with engineering support).
- Constant test monitoring.
- Logging data.
- Filling out comprehensive job logs.
- Taking photographs.
- Taking measurements.
- Fault finding.
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results.
- Following procedures and carrying out safety checks.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times.
- GCSE and above (HND and above preferred).
- Veh Computing skills (required).
- General fitting (required).
- Basic fabrication (desirable).
- Vehicle mechanic (desirable).
- Pneumatics (desirable).
- Hydraulic (desirable).
- Electrical (desirable).
- Ability to use general hand tools (required).
- Excellent record-keeping skills are required, along with basic math’s and computing (required).
- Attention to detail. (Required).
- Must have the ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve problems and create solutions (required).
- Someone who is flexible.
- Teamwork skills and patience.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Willing to learn.
- Willing to help out other departments as and when required.
- Flexibility to travel as and when required.
- Must pass medical examination to enter climatic chambers.
- Full UK driving license.
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years).
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date, close of business on 27th August 2021.