Customer Liaison – Track Control
Location: Millbrook Proving Ground - Bedford, UK
We are looking for a dynamic hands-on person to provide a bespoke role within the small Track Control team, a team who are responsible for looking after a huge variety of client’s needs, from prestige automotive manufactures to high profile film crews.
You can expect varied days, which see you go from out on track in the midst of a photography shoot, talking to customers about their upcoming projects and requirements, to administrative and financial document preparation. An important part of this exciting role is accurate record keeping, report generation and quote writing.
Role & Responsibilities
- Aide in the smooth running and safe, efficient operation of the track facilities in a proactive hands-on way
- Provide direct customer supervision and assistance
- Provide proactive sales support in accordance with the overall sales strategy, which will include briefing on-site customers on the new and existing technological offerings of Millbrook
- Compile reports, including financial statistics and information
- Prepare all documentation for invoicing purposes, and ensure accurate invoices are issued
- Generate bespoke formal quotations for new an existing customers, in relation to track hire and building rental opportunities
- Assist in the general running of the department, which could include the following -
- Provide support and guidance to new customers or customers with special requirements and instigate the management of their programmes
- Ensure the facilities (including building facilities) are in good repair and suitable for the intended use
- Conduct driving permits & track tours & training as required
- Operate the site radio system
- Compile reports, risk assessments, etc.
- General track housekeeping will occasionally be required – collecting cones, sweeping up stones etc.
- Assist with various vehicle programmes in terms of inspections and driving duties
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- Hands-on dynamic individual
- Excellent customer liaison skills
- Proven experience event or customer management
- Proven experience in proactive sales
- Excellent English language & communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (including word & excel)
- Common Sense & be able to think on feet and make decisions under pressure
- Proactive approach to track control tasks and problems
- Methodical with good attention to detail
- Must be able to undertake full duties as required such as general housekeeping duties
- Extremely flexible both with tasks required, and also hours of work as often early starts and/or late finishes, as well as weekend working will be required.
- Be able to work with limited supervision and on own initiative
- Engineering background, with the ability to lean and fully understand at a high level Millbrook’s offerings
- Full driving license (category B) with a very high standard of driving skill
- The ability to drive various vehicles (FLT, LGV, MEWP) would be an advantage
- Basic mechanical skills would be an advantage
- Be passionate about first class customer service with a proven record of customer care
- Be highly articulate, in both written and verbal communication
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Have a broad technical understanding of Millbrook’s wide range of activities, and be able to speak confidently and knowledgably about the offerings to potential customers
- Have a broad financial understanding of the business
- Be a dynamic team player.
- Ability to a variety of hours between 7AM and 6PM
- Flexibility to start early and/or stay late, as and when required
- Flexibility to travel on occasion, as and when required
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
Application closing date - close of business on 17th August 2021.