Health and Safety Administrator
Job Reference: PG APP 3
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 12:00 (20hr per week)
Reporting to – Health and Safety Manager – Human Resources
As a Health and Safety Administrator, you'll use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in a wide-ranging workplace. You will be joining the friendly Health and Safety team based at our office at Millbrook, Bedfordshire.
As this is an administrating role you will need excellent computer literacy and be happy to communicate via phone and email.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Health and Safety Administrator your main role will be working in support of the Health and Safety Team. The role is key to ensuring an organised, efficient, and proactive approach to administration.
You'll work with all areas of the business to support the engagement of our health and safety values and procedures and be capable of:
- Providing administrative support to the Health and Safety Department with the maintenance of documentation and records;
- Processing health and safety forms, creating and updating spreadsheets and follow up actions as required;
- Dealing with telephone queries, directing calls to the appropriate team member, taking messages or dealing with the inquiry in a professional and efficient manner;
- Organising health and safety training, including collating requests, venue booking, producing delegate lists and certificates;
- Working between different departments and making sure communication is clear and efficient;
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders, preparing reports following audits, inspections and accident investigations;
- Producing various reports and other forms of statistical analysis of collected safety data;
- Organise and Manage Occupational Health Medicals, and records;
- Setting up meetings in advance and minute taking when required;
- Helping to produce, print and distribute internal document and publications;
- Promoting a positive culture of health and safety within the workplace;
- Performing any other duties that may be required from time to time appropriate to the role;
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for UTAC staff at all times
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or Level 4 and above.
- IOSH Managing Safely - Desired
- The Health and Safety Administrator may have previously worked in automotive/engineering services with a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar administrating role. Health and Safety experience is beneficial.
- The Health and Safety Administrator must be a collaborative team player, needing to maintain the continuity of their team’s workload as well as communicating and liaising with other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases such as Excel;
- Strong time management and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise;
- A can-do attitude and strong desire to learn new systems;
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Passion, drive and commitment to complete projects with a genuine interest in Health and Safety;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn new systems and skills;
- Highly motivated team player and a mature approach to work;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Problem solver;
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check;