Integrated Management System (IMS) Administrator – Quality - Maternity Cover
UTAC provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for components and full vehicles. These include varied indoor and outdoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, crash laboratories and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
UTAC’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
Reporting to – Senior Manager – Compliance and Risk
The function this role is based in manages our Integrated Management System (IMS), maintains our ISO management system certifications and other 3rd party approvals. The function principally includes ensuring controlled documents such as policies, procedures and templates are relevant and available to users and reviewed regularly, the planning and execution of internal and external audits and managing the corrective and preventive action (CAPA) system.
The role is to support the active administration of the IMS in relation to its controlled documents, tracking and reporting on issues and incidents, and working with staff in all areas to complete audit findings and to improve processes. The business software the IMS resides in is called Singlepoint.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist users and document owners to update controlled documents
- Report key performance indicators (KPIs) on a weekly basis (this is currently a semi-automated process)
- Identify CAPA cases which are overdue closure and encourage their owners to complete them
- Assist with updating the user interface for controlled documents
- Update the Audit Manager module once planned audits have been carried out
- Transfer audit reports into Singlepoint
- Support Quality Manager in organising KPI reviews with key contributors and coordinating CAPA action plan execution
- Support Quality Manager in operating the SQCDP process
- Liaise with external auditors to arrange audit visits
- Liaise with staff in relation to audits
- Create Purchase Orders for approval
- Write up notes/minutes/actions for various regular meetings and to chase action owners
- Assist in the preparation of presentations
Qualifications (Specific qualification(s) required for this position)
Experience (Specific experience essential/ desirable/ preferred/ beneficial)
- Management systems in an office based environment (desirable)
- Working through others to meet deadlines (desirable)
- Awareness of ISO 9001 management system standard (beneficial)
Skills (Specific skills essential to the role)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications – principally Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
Personal Behaviours (What type of person is required)
- Well organised and methodical
- Pays attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence & own transport (UTAC is not easily assessable via public transport)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
- NOTE: This position be will based at the UTAC Millbrook, Bedford
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Application closing date, close of business Monday 6th June 2022.