Petrochemical Sales Engineer
Shift Pattern: Days
Location: Millbrook, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
UTAC is a market-leading group in vehicle testing, type approval and emerging technologies for autonomous, connected and electric vehicles. We provide services and systems to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical and defence industries.
We deliver regulation and homologation support, specialist vehicle conversions and test systems as well as training, consulting, audit and certification, technical inspection, standardisation and events.
We operate 8 test centres across France, the UK, the USA and Northern Finland, with a 9th due to open in Morocco in 2022. We have subsidiaries in Russia, China, Japan and Germany and employ 1280 people globally.
The role of the Market Sales Engineer is to develop customer loyalty and win new customers in the Petrochemical market to the successful candidate, as well as to extend and diversify the scope of their activities, in order to increase the revenue of this customer base within the group.
The candidate will therefore lead the commercial relationship and ensure a good knowledge of the market in order to establish a strategy and carry out an effective prospecting and development approach.
The main tests being conducted being in differentiation of performance/efficiency between products in engine, vehicle, and component test in the areas of fuels, and engine/driveline oils for traditional and electric drivetrains.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the response to calls for tender and the commercial relationship (understanding the need, drafting offers, negotiating, obtaining the order)
- Reflect, develop and deploy the commercial action plan
- Define and develop the service offer for the markets in question
- Ensure the expansion of the main accounts of the markets of assignment
- Develop the customer portfolios of these markets by deploying the prospecting plan
- Contribute to budget and business plan discussions
- Be responsible for commercial reporting via CRM and any other necessary tools
- Be a driving force and support the implementation of communications or events (webinars, newsletters, tech days, etc) related to the markets (emailing, social networks post, etc)
- Support in the construction and maintenance of commercial materials for the markets
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Manager or the Management
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for UTAC colleague at all times
- Degree or equivalent in Business or Engineering related discipline with a commercial background
- Ability to adapt and good customer-oriented interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present technical subjects
- Ability to positively challenge, negotiate and solve problems
- Autonomy and accountability, and excellent organisation/time management
- Good writing skills, ability to synthesise and listen
- Technical background or demonstrated interest in the automotive industry and its new technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM tool or others
- Knowledge of engine and vehicle test methodologies
- Automotive background is desirable
- Experience of standard fuels test methods
- Experience of differentiation testing
- Customer focussed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive in finding solutions
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated team player
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence & own transport (UTAC is not easily assessable via public transport)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
Working Environment: Office
Travel Required: Travel as required within the UK and mainland Europe
Application closing date June 30th 2022.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com