Job Reference: SP SENG5
Shift Pattern: Days
Location: Millbrook, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Special Vehicles engineer specialist vehicle conversions. These range from new versions of existing platforms, to armoured solutions and complex electronic installations. It conducts vehicle assessments and develops class-leading vehicle dynamics improvements. SV works with Vehicle Manufacturers to manage bills of materials and launch new model derivatives.
The company is based at UTAC Bedford, which provides 70km of varied test tracks, including hill routes, high speed areas, and Belgian pave and challenging off-road courses. Professional drivers and engineers perform repeatable tests on all types of vehicles in a secure and safe environment. The proving ground provides a range of test facilities from component level to vehicle platforms, enabling efficient development of new programmes.
The employees are passionate about customer service and technical excellence; they take pride in delivering exactly what their customers want. SV develops its people so that they remain at the forefront of their specialist fields.
The quality of work is reflected in the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22301 for Business Continuity, ISO 27001 Information Security and Cyber Essentials Plus accreditations held by the company.
Reporting to: Engineering Director – Special Vehicles
Engineering production support for a broad range of integration and conversion projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate engineering change/release information into Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s)
- Liaise with Production, Engineering and Material Control to achieve project objectives.
- Act as the point of contact between Production and the Engineering team, as and when required.
- Provide a reliable service to our downstream (internal) customers.
- Administer and control of the flow of information through the group.
- Preparation of aftersales information.
- Creation and maintenance of centralised databases for engineering information.
- Creation and maintenance of customer Handbooks.
- Creation and maintenance of Job Element Sheets
- Create production sequences for vehicle builds on a project basis
- Identify and source tools and equipment of a standard for bespoke nature to meet the requirements of Production.
- Create facility layouts to enhance Production efficiency on a project by project basis
- Champion introduction/improvements to production aids and processes
- Have ownership of the Production Action Authorisation process (PAA)
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure their adherence to and compliance with UTAC quality standards
- Ensure that the Bill of Materials are kept up to date and that discrepancies and modifications are fed back via the Engineering Change Meeting
- Ensure your compliance with the systems and procedures in place at UTAC
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for UTAC staff at all times
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Production engineering experience within the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of modern vehicle manufacturing and assembly
- Automotive engineering to vehicle manufacturer quality standards
- Experienced in CAD, modelling, assemblies and technical drawings preferably in SolidWorks
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle systems, legislative requirements and equipment supplier capabilities
- PC skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines without supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- A working knowledge of Engineering Specification release systems and sub-systems.
- Skilled in the administration and control of data flow with & through a team
- Familiar with lean manufacturing processes and metrics, such as SQDCME
- Production process and workflow balancing experience desirable
- Ability to work under pressure to short deadlines
- Results orientated
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Strong team player
- Resourceful and self sufficient
- An agent for change, establishing, driving and embracing industry best practice
- Flexibility to travel (within UK and Overseas) as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- Hold, have held it previously or being willing and capable of holding UK Defence Business Services (DBS) National Security Vetting (NSV) ‘SC’ or ‘DV’ Clearance
Working Environment: Office/Workshop
Travel Required: Travel as required within the UK and mainland Europe
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date Monday 20th June 2022