Technician (EDU) – Propulsion
Reporting to: Supervisor – Propulsion
UTAC provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for components and full vehicles. These include varied indoor and outdoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, crash laboratories and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
UTAC’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
A key position within the Electric Drive Unit testing facility which is part of the Propulsion Team at Leyland. The position is responsible for operating the EDU Facility to provide a Performance and Durability testing service to our clients. This service operates on a 24/7 basis to meet our customer’s requirements.
Responsibilities will include UUT installations and set up, monitoring of UUT in test, daily checks and servicing of the UUT and EDU equipment as appropriate.
Role & Responsibilities
- Operate EDU Testing Facilities
- Prepare UUT for test
- Complete basic Test Automation Setup and Configuration
- Action and follow Test and Operational derived Risk Assessments
- Undertake analysis of results, including statements of conformity or opinions and interpretations
- Follow EDU safe Working Procedures at all times, particularly when working on electrified product.
- Ensures safe operation of UUT at all times
- Day to day maintenance and housekeeping of Facilities
- Provides basic level of Facility breakdown diagnostics and resolution
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- HND in Engineering, time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent preferred or large breadth of work experience in an automotive engineering laboratory, automotive repair, heavy truck repair or electronics.
- EV/HV experience (desirable)
- Powertrain testing (preferred)
- Some basic software skills would be an advantage
- An understanding of CAN, dbc files and tools like Canalyser or CANape would be an advantage (preferred)
- Aware of Electrical automotive High Voltage (to 1000V DC) connectivity techniques
- Able to complete Mechanical assembly and fabrication
- Able to complete Electrical wiring assemblies (preferred)
- Ability to read and understand simple electrical schematics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and computer based file structures
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in driveline technology
- Highly motivated team player
- Good and inclusive communication skills
- Represents high company standards
- Customer focused
- The successful candidate is required to have manual handling experience of a load approx. 25kg activities will include bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity
- Shift working Rolling week – 4 on 4 off, alternating early/late
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
- NOTE: This position be will based on site – Leyland, Lancashire
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date, close of business Monday 13th September 2021.