Technician – Vehicle Measurement
Location: Millbrook Proving Ground - Bedford, UK
Reporting to – Manager – Vehicle Facilities
In this role you will prepare vehicles for test including mechanical work and fitment of instrumentation, and conduct track-based vehicle tests to defined procedures. Test disciplines include Dynamics, NVH, RLDC and ADAS.
Role & Responsibilities
- To prepare vehicles for track tests by fitting measurement equipment, sensors, data acquisition systems, and other test equipment such as brake valves, fuel meters etc.
- To set up the test vehicles by spec checking and setting (e.g. tyre pressures etc.), and installing test ballast as required.
- To drive the vehicle to the required procedures on the various track facilities.
- To collect and record test data from the measurement or data acquisition equipment.
- To report test results to the test engineer in a neat and timely manner.
- To work side by side with customers and/or witnessing inspectorate during tests if required.
- May be given specific responsibility for certain items of laboratory equipment.
- Undertake analysis of results, including statements of conformity or subjective assessments and interpretations.
- To report, review and provide authorisation of results.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times.
- Served an engineering apprenticeship related to motor vehicles or have technical competence equivalent to ONC or higher (desirable).
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
- Additional licence categories (e.g. HGV, PSV, motorcycle) desirable.
- Computer literate.
- Vehicle testing (on track or on road)
- Vehicle mechanical rework / fault diagnosis
- Electronics and circuitry, soldering/wiring
- Knowledge of sensor types and applications
- EV/Hybrid vehicles
- Vehicle network systems – CAN, LIN, FlexRay etc.
- Sound engineering background
- Good PC skills and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Confident when dealing directly with customers
- Attention to detail
- Professional presentation
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- Pro active
- Willingness to learn
- Highly motivated team player
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Flexibility to support test activity both off-site and outside of normal working hours
- Flexibility to travel inside and outside UK as and when required
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
- Full UK driving licence & own transport (Millbrook is not easily assessable via public transport)
- NOTE: This position will be based on site
Application closing date - close of business on 23rd July 2021.