Reporting to – Workshop Supervisor
Apprentice technician willing to learn about automotive technology and the testing of all types of vehicles in a research and development environment.
Training will take place alongside various skilled technicians and engineers, plus attendance at college to gain relevant qualifications up to HND.
Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate training / development and may also progress onto other engineering roles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Light vehicle repairs and general servicing
- LGV, Bus/Coach repairs and general servicing
- Vehicle fault finding
- Diagnostic checks using various diagnostic equipment
- Conduct Durability test preparation and vehicle measurements
- Undertake analysis of results, including statements of conformity or opinions and interpretations
- To report, review and provide authorisation of results
- Complete work tickets with detailed written report on work actioned
- Ensure all Health, safety and quality procedures are adhered to
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
40 hours per week with attendance to college
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Qualifications and Skills
- To have 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or level 4 and above
- No experience required but an interest in vehicles and engineering is essential
- Good general level of education
- Competent IT skills (mainly MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work and a keen desire to achieve academically
- Thirst for knowledge
- Able to follow written instructions
- Team player and a mature approach to work
- Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
- Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license (preferable)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with assessment centres taking place in April 2020.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here