Reporting to – Health and Safety Manager
Developing your skills, and learning to apply SHE in a sensible and practical way to a wide range of activities, enabling progression and continuous professional development. You will gain experience in both administrative and hands on SHE to fully understand the role, in line with the qualification undertaken.
You will be involved in tasks, assisting with writing Risk Assessments, supporting investigations and advising employees and managers on all SHE matters.
Expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Apprenticeship will provide you with a good understanding of SHE and will provide career progression opportunities into SHE roles. Upon completion of your apprenticeship you will be able to continue your professional development with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Roles and Responsibilities
The Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and experience needed for the role of an Apprentice in SHE. You will work to help prevent workplace accidents and injuries, as well as recognising and mitigating risks to protect employees and the environment. You'll work with all areas of the business to support the engagement of our Safety, Health and Environmental values and procedures and will be capable of:
- Identifying and assessing hazards and determine ways of reducing risk
- Recording and investigating workplaces incidents
- Analysing data and implementing improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide support to the Health and Safety Manager
- To liaise with individual departments SHE Representatives
- To arrange meetings including all necessary resources and minute taking
- To organise and take part in Workplace Inspections
- To identify and run their own projects to further the safety / environmental culture at Millbrook as well as support the Health and Safety Managers Projects.
- Attend and complete course work and examinations to gain qualifications as required
- Assisting with Business Continuity Planning compliance
- Ensure all Health and Safety / Environmental procedures are adhered to
40 hours per week with attendance to college
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Qualifications and Skills
- To have 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or level 4 and above
- No experience required but an interest in vehicles and engineering is essential
- Good general level of education
- Competent IT skills (mainly MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills and enjoy problem solving with a logical and structured approach
- Passion, drive and commitment to complete an apprenticeship with a genuine interest in Health and Safety issues.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work and a keen desire to achieve academically
- Thirst for knowledge
- Able to follow written instructions
- Team player and a mature approach to work
- Ability to remain calm and reasonable in differing circumstances
- Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
- Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license (preferable)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with assessment centres taking place in April 2020.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here