Millbrook is one of Europe’s leading locations for the test and development of every type of land vehicle from motorcycles, passenger cars, heavy commercial, military and off road vehicles.
This role is a Safety Systems Technician working with Engineers and customers preparing vehicles, and conducting systems level tests. The role requires mechanical fitting, measurement, fabrication, photographic and the fitting of instrumentation. Laboratory based in accordance with customer procedures and legislative requirements on a variety of test types.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To prepare vehicles and sub assembles for systems level tests by fitting measurement equipment, sensors, data acquisition systems and high speed cameras
- To set up test rigs to customer requirements
- Manufacture frameworks and brackets for data acquisition, high speed cameras and test equipment
- Installing and setting of test equipment to the customer’s requirement
- Liaise with systems Engineers and crash test customers
- Act in accordance with the behaviours of Millbrook staff at all times
40 hours per week with attendance to college
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate and successful training and development and may also progress on to other Engineering roles.
Qualifications and Skills
- To have 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or level 4 and above
- Interest in engines/automotive industry
- Competent in PC usage with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good general level of education
- Competent in the use of IT
- Excellent communication skills
- Health and Safety awareness
- A good level of driving ability
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Mature approach to work
- Enthusiasm for engineering
- Keen desire to achieve academically
- Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
- Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license (preferable)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with assessment centres taking place in April 2020.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here