Millbrook is one of Europe’s leading locations for the development, safety testing and demonstration of every type of land vehicle from motorcycles, passenger cars, heavy commercial, military and off road vehicles.
This role will involve learning all aspects of component testing and the skills required including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and general fabrication skills.
This role will require excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
This role is a Component Test Technician working with engineers and customers to produce the best test rig/cycle to develop their product. You will develop all or most of the skills listed above to ensure this happens.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Setting up test rigs and test samples.
- Maintenance of test equipment
- Manufacture of rigs.
- Test execution and observation.
- Liaise with engineers and customers as required.
- Recording of results with measuring equipment and photographing.
- Will be given specific responsibility for certain items of laboratory equipment and their calibration.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
40 hours per week with attendance to college
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate and successful training and development and may also progress on to other Engineering roles.
Qualifications and Skills
- To have 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or level 4 and above
- Interest in engines/automotive industry
- Competent in PC usage with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good general level of education
- Competent in the use of IT including inputting and analysis of data
- An interest in the construction and operation of both electronic and mechanical equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Health and Safety awareness
- Positive attitude
- Mature approach to work
- Enthusiasm for engineering
- Keen desire to achieve academically
- Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
- Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license (preferable)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with assessment centres taking place in April 2020.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here