Millbrook is one of Europe’s leading locations for the test and development of every type of land vehicle from motorcycles, passenger cars, heavy commercial, military and off road vehicles.
This role is a Vehicle Measurement Technician working with Engineers and customers to prepare vehicles for test including mechanical work and fitting a variety of types of instrumentation. Test work can be track based in accordance with customer procedures and legislative requirements on a variety of types track types and sometimes visiting other test sites.
This role will require a can do attitude and attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To prepare vehicles for track tests by fitting measurement equipment, sensors, data acquisition systems.
- To set up the test vehicles by the setting of parameters to customer requirements (e.g. tyre pressures), and installing test ballast as required.
- To drive the vehicle to the required procedures on the various track facilities.
- To collect and record test data from the measurement or data acquisition equipment.
- Liaise with Engineers and workshop personnel as required.
- To work side by side with customers and/or the VCA inspectorate during tests if required.
- Will be given specific responsibility for certain items of laboratory equipment and their calibration.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours of Millbrook staff at all times
40 hours per week with attendance to college
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate and successful training and development and may also progress on to other Engineering roles.
Qualifications and Skills
- To have 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or level 4 and above
- Interest in engines/automotive industry
- Competent in PC usage with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good general level of education
- Competent in the use of IT
- Excellent communication skills
- Health and Safety awareness
- A good level of driving ability
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Mature approach to work
- Enthusiasm for engineering
- Keen desire to achieve academically
- Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
- Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license (preferable)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with assessment centres taking place in April 2020.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here