||VG SENG 2
Reporting to – Senior Engineer - Durability
Responsible for correct execution of vehicle tests and the appropriate test vehicle issue analysis (root cause) with the objective of optimising timing and quality of test programmes.
- Develop Plans and Schedules
- Schedule work and facility utilization to achieve maximum efficiency (consider timing, budget requirements and priorities).
- Operate to Customer / Department Processes.
- Prepare & Conduct tests
- Prepare all necessary documentation to conduct the tests in a safe, controlled and repeatable manner.
- Supervise the tests in compliance with test procedures, analyse and interpret driver reports and data. Provide instructions to test drivers and technicians.
- Lead issue Investigations, repairs and rebuilds on test vehicles.
- Supervise the procurement of replacement/spare part and shipping of vehicles and parts.
- Compile regular reports on progress & status
- Analyse, document and report test results, present data and root cause.
- Compile incident reports.
- Ensure tests are completed within defined timeframes.
- Compile Evaluation reports.
- Validate vehicles against measurable targets as well as conducting subjective vehicle evaluations.
- Coordinate (mid term and EOT) reviews.
- Perform validation on vehicle, system and component level.
- Key contact with the customer for tests.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times.
- Relevant Engineering degree
- Durability testing
- Conducting technical investigations and report writing.
- Corrosion or quality testing experience (preferred but not essential)
- EV/ Hybrid vehicles (preferred but not essential)
- Vehicle network systems – CAN, LIN, FlexRay.
- Good communications skills both oral and written.
- Sound engineering background
- Good PC skills
- Confident when dealing with customers both face to face and on the phone.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- Customer focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- Pro active
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours
- Flexibility to support validation activities in foreign countries
- Full UK driving licence (Motorcycle or HGV licence advantageous)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
To apply please email your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here