||VG ENG 6
Reporting to: Principal Engineer – Vehicle Measurement
To conduct vehicle-based measurement tests on all types of vehicles. This includes involvement in the whole process, from the initial customer contact, through quote compilation and follow-up, work planning, procedure/legislation research, issue of test instructions and instrumentation requirements, providing technical support to technicians, in-depth data analysis using various software, test results presentation and reporting to customers and information provision for invoicing. The measurement tests may be legislative, involving liaison with certifying authorities.
- Working within a small team of engineers and technicians to coordinate customer test activity
- Specify vehicle instrumentation in order to meet complex customer requirements
- Program data acquisition systems
- Make engineering judgements regarding the performance of the customer test vehicles and quality of test data
- Writing test reports
- Conduct (sometimes complex) analysis and validate data and lead investigations into sources of errors, resolve technical issues
- Work with approval authorities on witnessed type approval testing including participation in worst-case discussions
- Work with peers to design or specify, and implement new test procedures, equipment or facilities
- Plan and organise time and resources to fulfill the requirements of each test program, including test facility bookings both on-site and off-site
- Co-ordinate and supervise the activities of a small team of technicians
- Work with senior staff to positively develop other team members
- Fully understand the customer requirements of test programs and communicate the requirements clearly to other staff
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
- General activities split:
- 90% test work
- 10% development and other activities
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Vehicle testing
- ADAS testing
- Data acquisition (preferred)
- DEWESoft, IPETRONIK, Racelogic, Influx, LINK, LMS, HBM etc.
- Knowledge of sensor types and applications (preferred)
- EV/Hybrid vehicles (preferred)
- Vehicle network systems – CAN, LIN, FlexRay (preferred)
- Vehicle diagnostics – OBD, UDS (preferred)
- Knowledge of electronics and circuitry (preferred)
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanical systems (preferred)
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Sound engineering background
- Good PC skills
- Confident when dealing with customers both face to face and on the phone
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- Customer focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- Pro active
- Flexibility to support test activity both off-site and outside of normal working hours
- Flexibility to travel inside and outside UK as and when required
- Full UK driving licence (motorcycle, HGV or PSV advantageous)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.