Engine Durability Testing
At a glance
Millbrook’s engine dynamometer test cells in the UK provide durability, hardware validation and cost reduction testing.
The highly efficient facilities operate 24 hours a day, delivering data to customers as early as possible during their product development programmes.
At Millbrook’s UK test sites in Bedford and Leyland, a wide range of light and heavy-duty engine tests are offered. They range from sub-zero thermal shock and high elevation temperatures, through to endurance tests that can accelerate an engine’s 150,000km useful life into only a few months.
Millbrook works with vehicle manufacturers, engine component suppliers and specialist consultancies ensuring confidentiality and security at all times.
Engine dynamometer test cell capabilities include:
- Cold climatic air and fluid capability, down to -40°C
- Accurate temperature and humidity control of combustion air
- Large test cells for full exhaust system tests
- Cold start characterisation with cold box technology to -30°C
- 48V power supplies for MHEV applications
- Bulk and barrelled fuel delivery options including bio-fuels, LPG and E100
- Complementary services including NVH, machining, instrumentation and metrology
- Component strip and rate with high resolution photography for inspection